Finding the right treatment program for your teen can be overwhelming. It’s important for parents to understand the levels of care and options for recovery. Residential and outpatient rehab each provide teens with options and benefits for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Many of today’s teens need a balance of care and flexibility, making intensive outpatient programs an excellent choice for teens and their families.
If your teen is struggling with substance abuse, Clear Recovery Teen Program can help your teen recover with a range of behavioral therapy programs in Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach, CA. Call us now at 866.522.2084 to learn more about our outpatient treatment for teens.
What Is Outpatient Treatment for Mental Health and Addiction Recovery?
There are two main types of rehab: inpatient and outpatient treatment. Inpatient houses clients for 30-90 days, depending on their needs. Some seek inpatient treatment close to home, while others go to remote or secluded rehab centers.
Outpatient rehab is similar to inpatient rehab, except clients eat and sleep at home. Clients visit the clinic every day for a certain number of hours. During this time, they attend individual, group, and family therapy. Teens in outpatient programs also enjoy sober activities and events with other teens to build a sober community. They also attend various programs like job training, nutrition counseling, and other programs to help reduce reuse and provide healthy coping strategies.
5 Benefits of Outpatient Rehab for Teens and Their Families
Outpatient programs come with different levels of care. A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is the highest level of care, requiring the highest number of clinic hours each week. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides a mid-level of care, while traditional outpatient programs (OP) give the most flexibility. Outpatient programs can be a great option for teens, especially if they live in safe, drug-free homes. Benefits of outpatient rehab for teens include:
- Affordability: Insurance plans may cover more outpatient program costs than residential programs. Because clients sleep at home, outpatient treatment is always a more affordable option.
- Flexibility: IOPs can help teens get the treatment they need without taking a leave of absence from school. IOPs can also help teens step down from residential treatment to home life.
- Short-term intensive treatment: For many teens, the intensive care of an IOP can help them get back on track, build new routines, and stay focused on the things that matter.
- Community building: Local outpatient treatment can help teens stay connected and build new sober communities.
- Easily connect with loved ones: IOPs offer the opportunity for families to easily join family therapy sessions to help the whole family.
These are only a few benefits of intensive outpatient rehab. For teens, IOPs offer the most flexibility and support to help them maintain a relatively normal life during recovery. It can also help families feel more involved in the treatment process.
Give Your Teen the Level of Care They Need in Southern California
If your teen is struggling with substance abuse or mental health, Clear Recovery Teen Program can help. With two locations in the Los Angeles area, we provide teenagers and adolescents in Southern California with intensive outpatient treatment for mental health and addiction disorders. Our outpatient programs offer comprehensive, evidence-based treatment to help teens and their families reconnect, build community, and thrive. Whether your teenager requires the intensity of a partial hospitalization program or a more flexible intensive outpatient program, we can help your teen recover without leaving home.
Still not sure about the benefits of outpatient rehab? Let our team help. Call us now at 866.522.2084 to learn how we can help you and your teen recover.