What comes next after addiction treatment programs for teens? The road to recovery doesn’t stop there, and in many cases, the next step for teens is to follow a rehab aftercare program. If you’re in California and are looking for an outpatient option for your teen, consider what Clear Recovery Center Teen Program offers. We focus on mental health and aftercare for many teen addictions, such as cannabis, prescription medication, and vaping.
Rehab aftercare programs can sometimes also be called sober living programs, and they’re an essential part of the addiction treatment process. While effective rehabilitation creates healthy and sustainable habits, these changes need to be encouraged and supported in the early stages of addiction recovery. Many teens are in a fragile state at the end of their addiction treatment programs. Rehab aftercare programs provide a solid foundation for long-term sobriety and promote working on self-efficacy and practicing healthy coping skills. Searching for a rehab aftercare program in Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach, CA? Reach out to Clear Recovery Center Teen Program today. You can call 866.522.2084 or contact our team online.
What Is a Rehab Aftercare Program?
Many addiction treatment facilities offer their own rehab aftercare programs. The purpose of programs like this is to guide newly recovered clients transitioning back into their normal lives after addiction treatment, but the scope varies tremendously. A rehab aftercare program can include any of the following:
- Alumni organizations: Membership in a lifelong alumni organization can give clients the motivation to keep up with their recovery goals long after their formal treatment ends.
- Case management: Case managers can be valuable allies of clients throughout the recovery process. They act as advocates, counselors, guides, and supporters. Case managers can help clients identify healthcare providers in their community and navigate their way through the legal system. They may also offer assistance when it comes to job placement or school enrollment.
- Follow-up therapy: Many clients learn how to relax and find relief in addiction treatment programs through one-on-one therapy sessions, along with picking up capabilities and skills to deal with triggers. Ongoing therapy, especially right after formal treatment ends, could spell the difference between lasting sobriety and undergoing a relapse.
- Regular medical evaluations: Evaluations not only help clients ensure that their diet and physical activity are enough to maintain their physical health, but they can also help keep them sober. Some rehab aftercare programs require clients to undergo regular drug tests, too.
- Sober living arrangements: Clients may be referred to sober living homes or halfway houses, which provide a secure and stable environment where recovery can continue, and healthy coping skills can be practiced safely.
- Support groups: Along with alumni organizations, support groups can provide clients with support — often close to their neighborhood. 12-step groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meet in all large cities and many smaller towns.
Sober living programs may provide services that recovering teens may not need. For example, many teens won’t need sober living arrangements, as they can continue to stay in their homes with their parents and other supportive family members. However, they do need to attend support group meetings regularly. All clients recovering from addiction benefit from these meetings because they provide a judgment-free and safe atmosphere where teens will feel supported and understood. Support groups can also be a source of advice and information. It’s essential that clients understand exactly what they need in a rehab aftercare program before they commit to one.
How Does a Rehab Aftercare Program Help With Maintaining Sober Living?
Sobriety is not achieved through a single action. Your teen will need to go through a continuous chain of actions and make good decisions throughout their life to maintain sober living. Many clients in recovery find that maintaining sobriety is most difficult early in the process, although it gradually gets easier as healthier habits, relationships, and routines are formed over time.
There are many ways to maintain the accountability and connectivity needed to increase the chances of successful recovery after completing an addiction treatment program. Participation in a rehab aftercare program is one path that’s often supported by addiction treatment facilities. Programs like this usually comprise everything clients need to stay on the path to recovery. It removes the burden of planning for aftercare from the clients, which can relieve a lot of stress. Clients can also benefit from rehab aftercare programs even as they resume normal activities in daily living, such as going to school or work.
When Should You Consider a Rehab Aftercare Program?
If your teen has just finished formal addiction treatment, they should participate in a rehab aftercare program. There are no if’s or but’s about increasing the chances of successful long-term sober living.
However, not all rehab aftercare programs are ideal for teen clients. Some of these programs are designed specifically for clients who are being released from inpatient rehab facilities. Other programs may be designed to help clients planning to live in sober living homes. Make sure that the rehab aftercare program your teen participates in gives them the type of help they actually need.
Ready To Learn More About Clear Recovery Teen Program’s Rehab Aftercare Program?
If you’re looking for a rehab aftercare program in Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach, CA, contact Clear Recovery Center Teen Program today. You can call 866.522.2084 or reach out to our team online.